Charismatic Performers Will Showcase Their Musical Versatility
Nashville, TN – September 21, 2015 — The always witty Vince Gill and the reliably wry Lyle Lovett are reuniting for a 13 city tour that will take place through February and March 2016. After teaming up for a series of concerts earlier this year, Gill and Lovett saw that the shows were so successful that they decided to continue the tour.
A reviewer for Elmore Magazine raved, “The evening reminded me of the Rat Pack, with pals Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra doing comedy and music and having a great time. . . . This was not the show I had looked forward to—it was much better.”
Each show will be a series of intimate solo and duo performances, during which the artists will serve as their own accompanists.
“For a night like this, there is no plan,” Gill said. “I know Lyle won’t have a plan, and I won’t either. What he plays will inspire me, and probably vice-versa. It’ll be like playing ping-pong. Whatever song he chooses to sing will inspire the next song that comes out of me.”
“I enjoy shows that are not planned out,” Lovett observes. “This will be two songwriters in the round. It’s informal, so there will be lots of ad-libbing. It will be like little snapshots of our experiences.”
Both performers have reaped armfuls of Grammys and kindred laurels for their musical versatility and memory-engraving songwriting.
“Just two guys sitting on stools, telling stories and singing songs,” Gill says. “No big bands. I saw James Taylor once with just him and his guitar, and after that show I felt like I knew him a whole lot better than I ever did before. That’s what’ll happen between Lyle and me, too, and I’m looking forward to it.”
HERE ARE THE DATES AND LOCATIONS:
- February 17 — Montgomery, AL — Montgomery Performing Arts Centre
- February 18 — Huntsville, AL — Von Braun Center Concert Hall
- February 19 — Birmingham, AL — Alabama Theatre
- February 20 — Atlanta, GA — Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
- February 21 — Asheville, NC — Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
- February 23 — Daytona Beach, FL — Peabody Auditorium
- February 24 — Clearwater, FL — Ruth Eckerd Hall
- February 25 — Jacksonville, FL — Florida Theatre
- February 26 — Sarasota, FL — Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- February 27 — Key West, FL — Tennessee Williams Theatre
- February 28 — Melbourne, FL — King Center for the Performing Arts
- February 29 — Fort Myers, FL — Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall
- March 1 — Coral Springs, FL — Coral Springs Center for the Arts
Get Connected with Lyle Lovett: